|Home||About||Activities||Members||To Join||Contact Us|
BWS meets the second Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m., September through June. Meetings are held at the First Christian Church at the corner of Kirkwood and Washington in Bloomington, Indiana. After a short business meeting, members enjoy an educational program or a demonstration by BWS members or professional artists. The demos are often interactive and provide time to paint. (There are no Monday meetings in December, July, or August; however, other activities are scheduled.)
The members of BWS are encouraged to show their art. Yearly, BWS sponsors a Gallery Show in which members may display and sell their work. Our 10th Anniversary Membership Show will be on display at the Showers City Hall Atrium From October 2, 2015, through October 30.
For Members: See the Prospectus and the delivery schedule.
Each year BWS contracts with recognoized artist/teachers who provide a workshop within that artists specific field. Workshops are usually a day's worth of instruction and practice. The price of the workshop is based on its length (one or more days), the artist's compensation, the facilities required, and the supplies if included. Members are offered access to the workshop first and then the seats are opened to the public if the workshop is not filled. Stay tuned for a Spring 2016 workshop to be announced.
Check out what last year's workshop was like on our Facebook page.
Programs and Paintouts
BWS is well represented at all times across the area, not just by the quality of our art, but by the activities of our members! We offer classes, shows, and other events. See our Activities page.
Membership is open to everyone!
Our membership levels include:
- Active Member: $25 annual dues for artists.
- Family Member: $40 per family duo.
- Student Member: $10 annual dues.
- Associate Member: $10 annual dues for non-residents.
- Patron Member: A patron member makes a monetary contribution to BWS to further the objectives of the organization.
- Lifetime Member: A lifetime member makes a $250 contribution to BWS and becomes an active member.
- Signature Member: These members are admitted to “signature” status after completing the application process and then a BWS selected jury approval.
BWS email is delivered to active members automatically but if you would like to receive email about BWS activities without becoming a member of the society, you may send a note providing your email address to email@example.com asking to join the ALL group.
To contact BWS:
Nancy Metz, President
Cassidy Young, First Vice President